The Pastoral Council serves in an advisory role to the pastor and is responsible for visioning, pastoral planning and procedures of the parish. This council is required by Church law and is appointed by the pastor from those nominated by the parish and reviewed by the current pastoral council and parish staff. Selection is made with an effort at representing various contingents of the parish along with bringing needed skills to the council. The Pastoral Council meets monthly. Pastoral Council membership serves in rotating terms.
Pastoral Council Nominations
The Pastoral Council is accepting nominations for membership through November 10, 2019. The council meets on the second Monday of each month and council members serve for a three-year term, which may be extended an additional three-years.
Parishioners are invited to nominate yourself or other parish members you believe have the leadership qualities and interest to serve Saint Clement. A nominee should be:
- A baptized Catholic
- A least 18-years of age
- A registered member of Saint Clement Parish
- Actively engaged in worship and the parish
- Willing to attend monthly meetings and other special events as needed
- Open to sharing opinions in a group setting and consider different viewpoints
- Committed to furthering the mission of Saint Clement and embracing the parish anchors of Pray, Serve, Give, Learn, & Belong
All nomination forms may be returned via email to David Bennett or dropped off at the parish office. All nominees will be contacted by a council member to confirm their willingness to serve. Nominees will be asked to provide a brief statement regarding their interest in serving on the Pastoral Council.