A monthly series of conversations, featuring speakers from across our parish family, to highlight the many ways in which our community members experience God working in their lives.
On April 10-11, we will have three members of our parish family speaking on Encountering's God's Mercy: Luana Lienhart, Kathryn Brill, and Allen Wesolowski. They will share their experiences at three of this weekend’s Masses:
- Saturday, 4/10 at 5:00pm Mass: Luana Lienhart
- Sunday, 4/11 at 11:15am Mass: Kathryn Brill
- Sunday, 4/11 at 7:00pm Mass: Allen Wesolowski
On March 13-14, we focused on the theme Encountering God in Service. Our speakers were three members of our parish family: Clare Wang, Aylice Toohey, and Natalie Shilati. We invite you to share in their witness talks, and also to review the opportunities listed below.
Saturday, 3/13 at 5:00 p.m. Mass: Clare Wang
Sunday, 3/14 at 9:30 a.m. Mass: Aylice Toohey
Video recording unavailable due to livestreaming technical issues.
We invite you to read Aylice Toohey's reflection on Encountering God in Service:
Sunday, 3/14 at 7:00 p.m. Mass: Natalie Shilati
Opportunities to Answer Your Call to Service
- Greeting & Disinfecting Teams at Mass: Members of these teams make it possible for us to continue worshipping safely in-person. By giving just 25 minutes of your time before or after Mass, you are enabling our parish family to encounter God through in-person community worship. Learn more and sign up here.
- Meal Programs to Feed the Hungry: Saint Clement supports a number of meal programs through Catholic Charities, the Chicago Help Initiative, Lincoln Park Community Services, and more, that feed the hungry in our community. To get involved, please email Barbara Silva.
- Service Day 2021: Service Day 2021 will offer numerous opportunities to serve incredible organizations in our community both in-person and from home. This week-long event is a great way to explore your interests, skills, and passions in service of others. Click here to learn more and to register!
On February 20-21, we focused on the theme Encountering God in Prayer. Our speakers were two members of our parish family: Nancy Aulis and Paul Gillespie. We invite you to watch their presentations below.
Saturday, 2/20 at 5:00 p.m. Mass: Nancy Aulis
Sunday, 2/21 at 9:30 a.m. Mass: Paul Gillespie
Opportunities to deepen your prayer life
- The Prayer Course: A six-week series featuring dynamic talks via video, small group discussion, and prayer exercises that will help you to deepen your prayer life. We will explore topics such as: Why Pray? And several different types of prayer including Adoration, Petition, Intercession, and Contemplation, as well as – What About When Our Prayer Goes Unanswered? Click here for more details and to register.
- Rooted in the Church: An interactive short course hosted by Faith Hub Chicago that explores the foundational elements and core concepts of Catholicism. We will dive into topics like the scripture, tradition, the 7 sacraments, the social teaching of the Catholic Church, Mary, and more. Register here for Monday evening Zoom sessions running from 2/22-3/29.
- Love Your Neighbor- Prayer Pillar: An ongoing ministry to foster a community of spiritual support by praying for the special intentions of fellow parishioners and/or receiving prayer for your own intentions. Learn more here.
Saturday, 1/9 at 5:00 p.m. Mass: Rachel Espinoza
Sunday, 1/10 at 9:30 a.m. Mass: Mary Schwarz
Opportunities to live out your baptismal call
As you discern how you can live out your baptismal call, we invite you to consider these opportunities:
- Alpha: a series of conversations that explore life, spirituality, and faith, this program offers the opportunity to genuinely explore faith in an open, non-judgmental environment while building community in a small group. You can still register for the online sessions that began this week!
- Grounded in Faith: a series of conversations that explore the foundational elements and core concepts of discipleship. It’s perfect for anyone looking to go deeper in the Christian faith. Register here for the online sessions that begin January 25.
- The Bible in One Year: Have you wanted to read the whole Bible but did not know where to begin? Have you wanted to pray with all the books in the Bible? Join Fr. Peter and the Faith Hub community as they gather in individual daily reflection and monthly (3rd Tuesday) group reflection by registering here.
- Renew My Church 101: Save the date! Join us on February 10th at 10:00 a.m. via Zoom to learn more about Renew My Church, the Archdiocese of Chicago’s vision and strategic plan for responding to Jesus’ continuing call for renewal. Click here to register.