Welcome! We joyfully invite you to be a part of our great community! Join us in worship at Mass and in the many opportunities below to Belong, Pray, Serve, Give, and Learn.
Please note, the City of Chicago has announced that masks are now required indoors for all over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status. Like many other communities we pray daily here at Saint Clement for the end of the pandemic and healing of those who are sick. We also strongly encourage all who can to get the vaccine. We must continue to do our best to keep all of us safe during this time! Please visit our website or social media pages for updated information in the days and weeks ahead, and sign up for The Plaza weekly e-newsletter.
Come experience Alpha! Alpha is a series of conversations that explore life, spirituality and faith in a fun, non-judgmental and open environment. It’s perfect for everyone -- skeptics, church-goers looking to deepen their faith, the curious, or those who want to talk about life’s real issues with new friends. Questions? Please contact Rachel Espinoza.
- (In-Person) Wed. evenings, Sept. 22- Dec. 1, 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., at Saint Clement Church
- (Online) Wed. mornings, Sept. 22 - Dec. 8, 10:00 - 11 a.m.
- (Online) Thurs. evenings, Sept. 23 - Dec. 9, 7:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Welcome New Parishioners!
New to our parish? Worship regularly here, but haven't yet registered? We invite you to register as a parishioner today!
- Sunday, September 12, 7:00 p.m. Mass
- Sunday, October 3, 9:30 a.m. Mass
- Welcome Breakfast: Saturday, Sept. 18, 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Welcome Dinner: Tuesday, October 26 at 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Sunday Plaza Hospitality
Catch up with friends after Mass, make new ones, and enjoy refreshments such as donuts, coffee, and juice on our beautiful plaza! Each event will be staffed by a parish Affinity Group, offering you the opportunity to learn more about the many ministries at Saint Clement Parish! Join us after the 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m., & 11:15 a.m. Masses on these dates: Sept. 12, 19, 26; Oct. 3, 17, 24, 31.
Join us for our upcoming editions of the Encounter Series, a monthly series of conversations, featuring speakers from across our parish family, to highlight the many ways in which our community members experience God working in their lives. Our speakers share their experiences during our weekend Masses, and we then share their talks digitally.
- September 11/12 - Encountering God in Alpha
- October 16/17
We invite you to review our past witness talks and topics.
Questions? Please contact Rachel Espinoza.
Renew My Church 101
- Thursday, September 16 at 7:00 p.m. held in-person in room 1E (Fahey 1)
Coming Together in Worship -- Join us for Mass
Celebrating Mass together is one of the most important ways for our parish to be connected to Christ and to one another. We joyfully invite you to join us at Mass. Click here for Mass Schedule.
October Rosary: Ask Mary
All are invited to join us ever Monday-Friday during the month of October to pray the rosary together after daily Mass in the church. The repetition in the rosary is meant to lead one into restful and contemplative prayer related to each Mystery. We welcome you to explore this centuries old Catholic prayer. Rosaries and instruction cards will be provided at the entrance of the church.
Attention Students in Grades 3-6: Join Ms. Bax and Ms. Hagar at the Church 9:30 a.m. Mass to sing and be part of a children's choir! We will meet just before Mass at 9:00 a.m. to rehearse and sing some joyful Church songs. Come share your gift of singing and serve our great community with this fun group. We look forward to seeing you in the fall!
Children's Choir schedule:
- Sunday, September 12
- Sunday, September 26
- Sunday, October 17
- Sunday, October 24
- Sunday, November 7
- Sunday, November 14
If interested in participating, please contact Ms. Anna Bax.
Liturgical Ministry Training
Did you know we need 14 volunteers at every Mass to help it run smoothly? Please prayerfully consider serving our community as a Liturgical Minister!
Serving is a form of worship, a way to express gratitude for what Jesus has done for us, and to share the love and grace we've been given. Therefore, we invite all of you who would like to help us make the liturgies at Saint Clement as beautiful and solemn as possible to join us for our liturgical training. Through the liturgical training we offer, you will become more comfortable and confident in your service for God and his Church. Further details and training dates to come! Contact Lori Howard to learn more.
Youth Altar Server Training
September 3rd and September 7th for grades 6-8
Training dates for grades 4-5 coming soon
Both new and experienced Youth Altar Servers are invited to join us for an upcoming training. Trainings include a short presentation, and time for practical procedures related to the knowledge of religious items used at Mass, procedures for serving at Mass, prayers and postures at Mass, and a study of the Mass. To sign up for a training, or for more details, contact Lori Howard.
Help Feed the Hungry in Our Community!
Friday Sack Lunches & Hospitality at Saint Clement
Every Friday morning, rain or shine, we distribute sack lunches to the hungry. We also offer hospitality and refreshments to those standing in line to receive a lunch. Sign up to provide sack lunches or hospitality items or to join us on Fridays as we serve our guests. Contact Martina Ricca.
Catholic Charities Sack Lunches
Every Tuesday, volunteers from Saint Clement provide 30 sack lunches for Catholic Charities to supplement the organization's Tuesday evening dinner services year-round. Lunches are dropped off at 721 N. LaSalle, by 4 p.m. on Tuesday afternoons or the Monday evening before. Contact Martina Ricca to participate.
Catholic Charities Soup Kitchen
Once a month, Saint Clement volunteers assist volunteers from Holy Name Cathedral in serving Catholic Charities' Friday supper. Volunteers are needed to help box and package 225 meals. Masks and gloves will be provided, and the workspace is large enough to ensure social distancing. Contact Martina Ricca to participate.
Lincoln Park Community Services
Twice a month, Saint Clement volunteers serve dinner for the Guests at LPCS! Volunteers can participate by cooking onsite at LPCS (max. 6 people, masks required) or by preparing part of a meal at home and dropping it off at the shelter. Contact Martina Ricca to participate.
Thank You for Giving to Saint Clement!
Monthly Food Drive
Help feed the hungry in our community! Saint Clement will continue its monthly food drive on the last weekend of every month. Donations of nonperishable food items can be placed in the labeled bin in the parish office during open hours. Donations will be distributed to local food pantries in need. Thank you for your support!
Annual Catholic Appeal Update
As a Catholic community we have a tremendous impact on the life of the local community, especially those who are poor. The Annual Catholic Appeal uniquely positions us to inspire hope, especially to struggling parish communities, schools, initiatives for justice, peace, and respect for life. The Appeal extends that hope across the world through Catholic Relief Services.
Through the generous gifts that have been mailed and made online, Saint Clement has pledged $130,255.00 of our $130,040.75 goal, with a total of $122,925.00 paid on pledges. Please consider supporting the Appeal and making our impact greater by making a gift at www.annualcatholicappeal.com, and under "Parish Designation," please select "St. Clement."
Partner with us in supporting those in need and help us to achieve our annual goal.
Baby Bottle Fundraiser benefitting Aid for Women
This annual fundraiser benefits Aid for Women, a pro-life organization that runs pregnancy care centers and maternity homes in Illinois. Pick up an empty baby bottle at Mass/the church at the beginning of October and fill it with a donation for Aid for Women. Then, return the filled bottle to the church by the end of October. To learn more about Aid for Women, visit www.helpaidforwomen.org.
Faith + Science: Busting the Myths & Revealing the Truths
Grounded in Faith
The Lydia Institute
- Faith Lift Kick-off: Sept. 21, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Fall series: Wednesdays, Oct. 5 - Nov. 10, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Embracing God’s blessings... Strengths for the Journey!
Strengths for the Journey Fall offering
Discover and leverage your God-given talents with experienced facilitators and fellow parishioners. Learn more about the Strengths for the Journey program here.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about accessing resources and the link joining the meetings.
- The Catholic Edition of Living Your Strengths -Discover Your God-Given Talents and Inspire Your Community will be the resource for this series. It is available for $20.00 at the Parish Office.
The Beauty of Strength: Exploring Domains
Family Formation Series
- October 3 • Prayer and Conversation As A Family
- October 10 • The Eucharist / Going To Mass (Virtual)
- October 17 • When Bad Things Happen
- October 24 • A Path Into The Bible
Faith & Racial Equity: JustFaith Ministries Series
- Saturday October 23rd - 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (virtual)
- October 28th
- November 4th
- November 11th
- November 18th
- November 24th [Thanksgiving Holiday - alternate schedule to be determined]
- December 2nd
- December 9th
- December 16th [Tentative Immersion Experience [to be scheduled once program commences]
- Chicago Cubs Game, Tuesday, Sept. 21, 6:40 p.m. Tickets $17/each. Purchase tickets here! Contact Theresa Steinmeyer: email@example.com
- Fall YAC retreat, at Saint Clement, Saturday, Oct. 16, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Contact: Emily Kaiser firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Shot of Theology” Speaker Series – Third Thursday of each month. Contact Tara Carone: email@example.com
- YAC Podcast/Book Study - contact Tara Carone: firstname.lastname@example.org
- YAC Small Groups – contact Greg Wilk email@example.com or Jordan Mottet firstname.lastname@example.org
- ”Just Faith,” a DEI/Social Justice Ministry – contact Mary Miro email@example.com or Tara Carone firstname.lastname@example.org
- YAC service events – contact Alexis Dorsey email@example.com or Andrew Alvarez firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updates: YAC Facebook & YAC Instagram @clementYAC
- Sign up for weekly YAC e-news here!
Special blessing for new school year!
Join the Saint Clement School Family!
If you are interested in learning more about joining the Saint Clement School family, we invite you to our upcoming Coffee & School Tour on October 12 at 8:45 a.m. Please contact Noreen Valle or visit www.stclementschool.org.