What is Jesse Tree?
Jesse Tree is a ministry in conjunction with Advent that provides parishioners an opportunity to support 12 local organizations with clothing, toys, gift cards, and other needed items in the spirit of Christmas giving. In 2020, Saint Clement generously contributed over 1,550 gift items and over $7,750 in gift cards and financial contributions to our Jesse Tree partners.
How will Jesse Tree work this year?
- Official kick-off: Saturday, November 27th
- Final gift return deadline: Friday, December 17th
- We are back to having physical paper tags representing items needed on trees in the church and chapel. Parishioners will be invited to take a tag to indicate what contribution(s) they would like to make.
- Members of our parish community will also have the opportunity to participate online, like last year. Our Jesse Tree volunteer team will make sure that your gifts are sorted and distributed to the organizations that need them.
Jesse Tree 2021 will support the following organizations:
- Catholic Charities - Celebration of Giving
- H.O.M.E. (Housing Opportunities & Maintenance for the Elderly)
- House of the Good Shepherd & Madonna House (Ministries of Catholic Charities)
- Immigration Ministry (of the Archdiocese of Chicago's Office for Human Dignity & Solidarity)
- La Rabida Children's Hospital
- Lakeview Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Lincoln Park Community Services
- Our Lady of Mercy
- Solidarity Bridge
- Marillac St. Vincent Family Services
- The Night Ministry
The needs around Christmas are always great. We continue to rely on your generosity to make this holiday joyful and hopeful for those we serve.