Jesse Tree Ministry: New Program Format for 2020!
**COVID-19 Update 12/10**
What is Jesse Tree?
Jesse Tree is a ministry in conjunction with Advent that provides parishioners an opportunity to support 12 local organizations with clothing, toys, gift cards, and other needed items in the spirit of Christmas giving. In 2019, Saint Clement generously contributed over 1,275 gift items and over $12,535 in gift cards and financial contributions to our Jesse Tree partners.
How Jesse Tree Will Work this Year
Jesse Tree will look different this year because of the limitations relating to COVID-19, both within our own parish community and for our partner organizations. Here's how it will work!
- Official Kickoff: Weekend of Saturday, November 28 and Sunday, November 29
- Final Gift Return Deadline: Saturday, December 19 by 1:30pm
Instead of taking paper tags representing needed items from trees in the church, we invite you to sign up online to indicate what contribution(s) you would like to make this year. Please click the Gift Sign-up button to view what items are needed and to sign up! Our Jesse Tree volunteer team will make sure that your gifts are sorted and distributed to the organizations that need them.
**Please note: We ask that all gifts be mailed/delivered to Saint Clement School, not the parish office. In order to ensure we receive all packages sent by mail, please use the exact address listed above!
The organizations supported by Jesse Tree are:
- Catholic Charities' Celebration of Giving
- H.O.M.E. (Housing Opportunities & Maintenance for the Elderly)
- Immigration Ministry (of the Archdiocese of Chicago's Office for Human Dignity & Solidarity)
- Lakeview Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- La Rabida Children's Hospital
- Lincoln Park Community Services
- House of the Good Shepherd
- Madonna House
- The Night Ministry
- Our Lady of Mercy
- Solidarity Bridge
- St. Vincent de Paul Center
The needs around Christmas are always great, but the immense challenges of this year have stretched many families and organizations thin. We continue to rely on your generosity to make this holiday joyful and hopeful for those we serve. THANK YOU!