Open house for families in religious education.
The Religious Education program at Saint Clement Parish exists to help children and families grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ as together we pray, serve, give, learn, and belong!
Through our program, we seek to help children in Pre-K through 8th grade and their families to:
- Come to know God more personally as we learn to PRAY individually and to participate fully, consciously, and actively in communal worship (Mass) of the church.
- Discover ways to love and SERVE others in the wider community.
- Explore our call to GIVE generously of our time, talent, and treasure to build up God's kingdom.
- Deepen our knowledge of the Catholic tradition as we LEARN what it means to live as people of faith today.
- Experience what it means to BELONG to God and to be a member of this great Catholic community of faith.
Our Religious Education program serves children Pre-K through 8th grade. Classes of 24 children or less are taught by teams of volunteer catechists. The catechists are trained and meet regularly with Rachel Espinoza, Director of Children and Family Catechesis.
Classes are in session from September to May and are held from 10:40 a.m. — 11:45 a.m. in Saint Clement School. While the children attend class, parents are invited to gather in Centennial Hall (lower level of the school) for hospitality and conversation. Children are also invited to participate in the sacramental preparation programs for the first Eucharist (2nd grade), first reconciliation (3rd grade), and Confirmation (8th grade) at the appropriate ages. See links for more details.
As families attend Mass together the formation they receive is manifold. At the 9:30 a.m. Masses we offer Liturgy of the Word for Children. Children are invited to serve as liturgical ministers and participate in the life of the church. Special family events are also planned throughout the year; including: Advent Family Workshop, Nativity of the Lord (Christmas Eve Mass), Family Reconciliation Service, and Service Day.