Parish Office & Church Closed -- letter from Fr. Rex Pillai, Administrator
On instruction from the Archdiocese, we at Saint Clement will adhere to the following and close parish offices and the church effective 5 pm today, March 21 until further notice:
- All churches and adoration chapels must be closed and locked until the order is lifted by the governor. Private prayer in any parish building must be discontinued until the order is lifted.
- There can be no live Stations of the Cross or any other gatherings anywhere on parish/school property, nor can any parish personnel be involved in organizing them on any other site.
- All weddings and baptisms must be postponed and can be re-scheduled only once the order is lifted. There are no exceptions to this, regardless of the size of the group. However, in case of an extreme emergency for baptism, please seek the permission of your bishop.
- Funerals and wakes must be postponed until the order is lifted.
- Priests can – and are encouraged – to continue celebrating Mass privately and to livestream their Masses for their parishioners, if possible. Moreover, anointing of the sick and confession/absolution guidelines will be forthcoming.
Please know that we are here to support you in whatever way we can through these challenging times. Although the church and parish offices will be closed, you may reach us by email just as you have in the past. We will also check phone messages, with the option for urgent calls to be forwarded.
Thank you to everyone for your support through this unforeseen and difficult time. Please pray for the health and well being of our parishioners and those in need. I keep you and your loved ones in my prayers.