Many families attend our 9:30 a.m. Masses each Sunday. In order to support our parish families and help them to pray, we offer childcare in the gym of Saint Clement Parish School for children ages 18 months through 3 years. If you can contribute 1 1/2 hours on one Sunday per month, contact Maggie Hanley to get involved in this important ministry.
WHAT: Saint Clement is pleased to provide parish parents with a safe, reliable child care service available for children between the ages of 18 months through 3 years. It is staffed by a team of regular, trained volunteers with a target ratio of one volunteer for every five children.
WHEN: During 9:30 a.m. Sunday Masses, with pick-up by 10:45 a.m.
WHERE: Saint Clement School gymnasium at 2524 N. Orchard St. – use the gym door farthest to the north.
HOW: Please plan to drop-off your child between 9:15-9:30 a.m.:
- Be sure to sign-in each child – let a volunteer know if your child is to be picked up by someone other than you (another parent, grandparent, aunt, friend, etc.).
- Place a nametag on your child’s back.
- Please provide the number of your cell phone on the sign-in sheet and put your phone on vibrate – we will text or call you if needed.
- If your child has any special needs or health issues, let the volunteers know.
- Pick-up – it is very important that you pick-up your child by 10:45am. If you are staying after Mass for socializing, a meeting or any other reason, please pick up your child first.
- If a friend, relative or caregiver is dropping off and picking up your child, make sure they are familiar with the guidelines.
GUIDELINES: To ensure a safe and stress-free experience for children and parents, we ask that you please know and respect the following guidelines:
- Do not pack a snack or beverage for your child – for reasons such as food allergies and in order to limit the spread of germs from inadvertent sharing of cups and food.
- Children who are not potty trained should have a clean, dry diaper when dropped off – caregivers are not allowed to change diapers.
- Caregivers cannot give medicine to children.
- Feel free to stay with your child for any period of time for the first couple of visits, until the child is familiar with the gym, the volunteers, and the routine.
For questions or to sign up to volunteer, contact Maggie Hanley or 773-281-0371 x 149.