Saint Clement parishioners provide sack lunches for the hungry and needy in the neighborhood every Friday of the year, including holidays. Our volunteers agree to provide six sack lunches for their assigned Friday, making the lunches from home based on the guidelines below, and dropping them off at the parish office.
To schedule your day to make six sack lunches, please contact Barbara Silva.
Each sack lunch should contain:
- 2 lunchmeat sandwiches with no condiments, cheese is optional but a nice addition
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 bag of chips (or similar)
- 1 piece of soft fruit (for example, orange, banana, grapes)
- dessert (cookies or candy bar)
- beverage (juice box, can of soda, or 8oz water bottle / sports drink)
Please pack each lunch in a gallon-sized plastic bag (like Ziploc's). Or, please use a plastic grocery bag.
DROP-OFF LOGISTICS *Updated for Fall 2020*
- Drop-off window: 8:30 a.m.- 9:20 a.m. on Fridays. Lunches will be distributed at 9:30 a.m.
- Location: Lunches are to be dropped off in front of the parish center. There will be a table set up where volunteers can bring lunches. (The parish parking lot will be used for school parking and activities beginning in September, so we are moving hospitality back to the parish side of the street.)
Friday Morning Hospitality
Volunteers are also needed to aid in offering refreshments to those who wait in line outside during our regularly scheduled Friday sack lunch program. Share in hospitality and conversation, and serve as a welcoming face of Saint Clement. Friday morning hospitality takes place every Friday morning of the year from 8:30 to 9:45 a.m., at the parish office at Saint Clement. Rain or shine!
Friday Hospitality LOGISTICS *Updated for Fall 2020*
- People interested in helping with Friday hospitality and spending some socially-distant time with our guests are always welcome! Please arrive at the parish between 8:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m. We will distribute lunches at 9:30 a.m.
- For those who would like to provide breakfast/hospitality items, we will be accepting travelers of coffee and hot chocolate as well as individually wrapped breakfast items, to be dropped off at 8:30 a.m.
Thank you very much for your support and generosity to the hungry in our midst! Contact Barbara Silva to sign up.