Service Day - Reimagined!
New Format for 2021
Saint Clement is excited to host Service Day 2021 with a plan to provide service to others while coming together as a parish community. We are teaming up with some usual partners, but also have new opportunities -- the needs in our community remain great. We will continue to offer an opportunity to participate in a reflection after your service and to join Mass via livestream to celebrate the end of Service Day.
However, with COVID restrictions, many things have changed. Please be flexible and join as you feel comfortable. We will continue to adjust as restrictions evolve, but we have big plans to host an outstanding Service Day 2021. Here are the highlights of what to expect:
When is Service Day 2021?
- Options are spread across Saturday, April 17 - Saturday, April 24 to accommodate COVID restrictions and to create more volunteer opportunities.
- All activities will conclude April 24.
- Online registration for all service opportunities will be open from Friday, March 19 - Friday, April 9. You will register directly for the service project(s) in which you'd like to participate. Click here to register!
What are the volunteer opportunities for Service Day 2021?
- In-person volunteer options for smaller groups available April 17 - April 24.
- At-home volunteer options with finished product drop-off at Saint Clement on April 24. (Great option for families and those unable to participate in-person.)
- In-kind donation options (e.g. canned goods, books, gently used clothing, etc.) with drop-off at Saint Clement on April 24.
What is happening onsite at Saint Clement?
- All Service Day participants are encouraged to drive/walk through the main parish parking lot on Saturday, April 24 from 11:00am-3:00pm for a socially distant photo to recognize each parishioner's participation.
- During these hours, the Saint Clement parking lot will also serve as the drop-off point for at-home service projects and in-kind donations.
Can children participate in Service Day this year?
- This year, the minimum age of in-person volunteers is set by each service site, ranging from school age children with a parent/guardian to 18 years old. Please be sure to check these restrictions when you register.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer organized in-person options for children at Saint Clement School this year due to COVID protocols.
- At-home service opportunities are a great way to perform acts of service as a family.
What about COVID?
- Saint Clement and all Service Day partners will follow COVID-19 safety procedures, including social distancing.
- Masks MUST be worn at all times.
- The parish cannot arrange transportation to service sites due to COVID protocols, but participants are welcome to arrange carpools or other transportation options among themselves as they are comfortable.
- No post-event pizza party this year, but do treat yourself to a slice after you serve!
- Again, we encourage you to participate as you are comfortable. If you are unable to serve in-person or at home, we invite you to pray for our participants as well as our partner orgnizations and those they serve.
Have any other questions? Please reach out to Barbara Silva.